Are you looking for help paying for asthma and allergy medicines, but don’t qualify for BREATH ? Consider some of the resources below.
Children’s Health Alliance of Wisconsin is a great resource to keep up with the ever-changing medication assistance programs. You can click on your medicine and see what options are available.
Full Pay Assistance for Uninsured:
- AZ&ME (AstraZeneca) offers a Rx Savings Program for Symbicort and Pulmicort for those who qualify.
- Bridges to Access (GlaxoSmithKline) offers Advair, Breo, Flovent, Serevent, Ventolin HFA and Nucala (biologic) medicines to those who qualify.
- Family Wize is a prescription discount card.
- First Hand Foundation provides funding for individual children with health-related needs when insurance and other financial resources have been exhausted
- Gateway to Better Health is a healthcare program for 19-64 year old uninsured adults living in St. Louis City and County. It covers some preventive, primary and specialty and urgent care services.
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance provides one application to all the major pharmaceutical assistance programs operated by the pharmaceutical companies.
- Needy Meds, Rx Assist and Rx Hope have information on pharmaceutical assistance programs, prescription discount cards and drug coupons.
- Operation Family Help (Signature HealthCare Foundation) provides assistance to families with financial assistance for needs not covered by health insurance or for those that cannot afford items due to high deductibles.
- Prescription Hope (a United Way program) offers a $50 per prescription, per month service fee. There is a yearly enrollment of only $20. There are no other medication costs, and no hidden costs. 877-296-4673
- Rx Outreach (Express Scripts) is a mail order discount prescription program for chronic diseases
- UnitedHealthcare Rx Assistance Program is a program for children under 16 that covers medical services, treatments (including medications), and/ therapies.
- $4 and $10 generics are available at Walmart, Schnucks, Beverly Hills Pharmacy and Target/CVS. Contact your local pharmacy to see if your prescription qualifies for the $4/$10 generic cost.
- See a doctor for reduced price at one of the following locations:
- West County Clinic (serves the medical needs of residents who are not covered by Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance and who fall within 200% of the federal poverty guidelines, 636-207-5970.
- St. Louis University Health Resources Center offers an asthma/allergy clinic on Wednesday afternoons with Dr. Raymond Slavin. Appointments are available from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. To schedule an appointment, call 314-266-7661.
- Good Days is a resource for those who have private insurance or a Medicare Part D plan but cannot afford the co-payments for certain medications.
- HealthWell Foundation provides financial assistance to eligible individuals to cover coinsurance, co-payments, healthcare premiums and deductibles for certain treatments including asthma. Asthma currently closed.
- United HealthCare Children’s Foundation provides medical grants to children for medical services not covered or not completely covered by commercial health benefit plans.
- Patient Access Network (PAN) Foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to providing help and hope to people with chronic or life-threatening illnesses for whom cost limits access to breakthrough medical treatments. Asthma currently closed.
Find a Doctor:
- St. Louis Integrated Health Network’s Health Center Locator is a great resource for locating a clinic for a follow-up appointment with a physician. These clinics provide services at reduced costs to those without health insurance who qualify. Call them today to make an appointment. If you plan to apply to another resource for your medicines, please take the applications with you to your appointment.
- Health Resource Center offers free, health care clinics for : Regular clinic, Pediatric, Well Woman and Asthma clinic. They offer an asthma/allergy clinic on Wednesday afternoons with Dr. Raymond Slavin. Appointments are available from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. To schedule an appointment, call 314-266-7661.