Reports to Executive Director
Classification: Non-exempt, Hourly, $15.50/per hour
Position Summary: The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America- St. Louis Chapter’s Administrative Assistant makes sure the office keeps humming so that children with asthma get the support they need, when they need it. The position is part time, Monday-Thursday, approximately 20 hours per week. Scheduling is flexible within our core hours of 8-5:30, but will occasionally require nights and weekends to support fundraising events.
- Welcome guests in person and on the phone
- Maintain database entry and ensure donor information is up-to-date at all times
- Generate letters for donors and clients, making sure all correspondence are timely, accurate, and thoughtful
- Order supplies and equipment
- Code all expenses and revenue
- Assist in fundraising by generating letters, placing follow up calls, and helping connect people to AAFA-STL’s mission
- Provide support before, during, and after events
- Support and anticipate the Executive Director’s administrative needs and perform other duties as requested
- Assist in gathering survey and client data
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ability to think critically and set up processes to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Excellent writing ability
- Pleasant demeanor
- Experience with donor databases, preferably Bloomerang
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel as well as Google Suite
- Prior experience working with nonprofits or as a volunteer
The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America- St. Louis Chapter (AAFA-STL) is a nonprofit organization that provides low-income children with lifesaving asthma and allergy medication and ensures school nurses have the equipment they need to treat children having asthma emergencies at school. AAFA-STL is committed to ensuring the community understands the seriousness of both allergy and asthma and conducts Food Allergy 101 and ABCs of Asthma trainings throughout the year.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Marjorie Moore, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.